Jumbo Pearls

Tuesday, November 11, 2014


Over the weekend I found myself searching through my jewelry  for something to accessorize my little skater dress with, as I searched for something edgy (I was going for a girly look with subtle edge) I was faced with the sad fashion reality that my accessory kit needs serious updating.

Never one to despair over a problem for too long, I quickly decided that something would have to be done to remedy this situation, and so, I decided to compile a shopping list of accessories I neeeeed in my life. One item that has found its way to the top of my list is the Pearl. 

You are probably thinking that "I have gone and lost my mind"- why am I talking about...pearls...that's so Granny-like (i.e. the pearls our grans would wear with a twinset, stylish for her, for us....meh,  not so much)

Oh but honey these are not those pearls.

I am talking about the jumbo pearls that Karl Lagerfeld sent down the Spring '14 runways, and whilst Spring '14 is definitely behind us, I believe that certain pieces can continue to be worn once they are well integrated into the outfit in a way that is harmonious and not overdone.










No comments:

Post a Comment