What I'm Currently Using: Hair products April 7 2015

Tuesday, April 07, 2015


For those who know me-they know that I give my hair a lot of tlc: tender loving care, and whilst in truth and in fact I have been the person with the absolute worst hair care regimen in years gone by (I have the pictures of unhealthy hair to prove this), these days I am focused on taking better care of my hair with a special view to regaining definition in my curls. Today, I'm sharing with you what I am currently using, key word being "currently" since I am always changing my products.



1. Dr. Miracles Deep Conditioning Treatment: I recently purchased this inexpensive hair treatment  at the RJ Clarke pharmacy a few weeks ago to treat my hair. It's not my first choice since it contains mineral oil which I am trying to avoid,  but I've tried it before and was pleased with the results, so I'm prepared to use it once again until I find a hair treatment that doesn't contain mineral oil.


2. Elasta QP Olive Oil Mango Butter Growth Oil:I absolutely love this product. I first purchased this in 2013 and have been hooked ever since. It is great for adding moisture to one's hair- and getting dry hair to the point where it holds moisture, when I used other products, my hair would be moist for the first hour or so, but by the time midday came around, my hair would become dry again- as if I hadn't used anything. With this product (in combination with pure coconut oil and the other things I use) my hair retains moisture much better. It has also helped contribute to hair growth in the most beautiful way and it's given life to my curls.



3. Elasta QP Olive Oil Mango Butter Growth Moisturizer: I purchased this moisturizer in January this year at Wings of Love here in Saint Lucia because I loved using Elasta Qp's Mango Butter Oil, and because it doesn't contain alcohol which dries one's hair, or mineral oil, which is not good for you. I use a lot of oil in my hair (mango butter oil, coconut oil etc) and when I am finished applying oil, I like to use a creamy moisturizer to "lock in" moisture- no idea if that's an actual thing, but its what I do- and it's been working for me thus far, as my hair has become softer, shinier, and more manageable. Still room for improvement in my hair- I can't stress that enough- but I am happy with the improvement made thus far.


 4. Coconut Oil: From the looks of how little coconut oil I have left I guess you can say "the struggle is real" hahaha, I plan on going to the farmer's market  at the Rodney Bay Marina on Saturday to buy another bottle- there's a lady there who sells the above pictured bottle of pure coconut oil for $10 XCD (or approx $4 USD). I'm a huge fan of coconut oil, for more on the benefits of coconut oil, read my post here suffice to say, I use coconut oil almost everyday on my hair, especially at the roots and ends, and it's helped to hydrate my hair, and boosted hair growth. As an added benefit its 100% natural- no chemicals whatsoever, and at $10XCD for a bottle that lasts me about two months it's a total steal for me.


5. Pure Shea Butter: I recently received this block of pure Shea Butter from my sister-in-law who is a real sweetheart, I hope to whip it this week- perhaps adding some olive oil etc- to it, making my own whipped shea butter moisturizer for my hair.

Thanks for stopping by loveys, wishing you a fantastic week. 
XO,
Malika


No comments:

Post a Comment